Find a Program Qualified Energy Advisor
Search for Energy Advisors in BC through the BC Home Energy Coach website
Benefits of an EnerGuide Home Energy Evaluation
An EnerGuide home evaluation is the first step towards an energy-efficient home. The benefits of an energy evaluation include:
- Expert 3rd party consultation from a trained energy professional who will help you understand the best way to improve your comfort and lower your energy bills based on your renovation budget, without trying to sell you any specific products.
- A customized, detailed Energy Efficiency Action Roadmap for your home, along with an official EnerGuide home energy label and two personalized reports to help you understand your home and make the best home energy improvements – you may be able to do more than you think.
- Peace of mind that the information and recommendations you receive are supported by the Government of Canada’s national EnerGuide Rating System delivery and quality assurance infrastructure.
For more information about the EnerGuide home evaluation:
- Contact an energy advisor or service organization via the BC Home Energy Coach search tool
- See the Natural Resources Canada – EnerGuide home evaluation website
EnerGuide is an official mark of Natural Resources Canada and is used with permission.
HPSC believes industry input is critical to developing effective long-term policies and programs that support home performance. Through our Industry Sector Councils, we facilitate industry engagement and development in the areas of advocacy, market growth, capacity building and quality workmanship.
Energy Advisor Sector Council Overview
The Energy Advisor Sector Council includes contractors, trade associations and industry experts/advisors. This Sector Council will work with the other industry sector councils to help develop the BC home performance industry.
Current Council Members
- Hometech Energy Solutions
- Total Home Solutions
- The House Whisperers
- Kootenay Energy Advisor
- Capital Home Energy
- Grok Energy Services
- RDH Building Science
- E3 EcoGroup
- Canadian Home Builders Association of BC
- City Green
- Elemental Energy Advisors
- Integris Project Management
- Passive House Canada
The mandate of the Energy Advisor Sector Council is to:
- Guide us in helping to develop a more professional, profitable and long-term sustainable industry.
- Provide input into Energy Advisor Industry Vision and Roadmap.
- Help determine initiatives that would best support the Energy Advisor industry.
- Represent the Energy Advisor industry within the HPSC and BC home performance industry.
Benefits of Participation
The benefits of participating in the Energy Advisor Sector Council include the opportunity to:
- Network and collaborate with your industry-leading peers.
- Strengthen our BC Home Performance Stakeholder Council as an industry voice.
- Shape a vision and road map to advance your interests.
- Help policies and programs to remove barriers and support growth of the Energy Advisor industry.
- Contribute to increasing the business opportunities for you and your industry.
Requirements for Participating
As a member of the Energy Advisor Sector Council you would be requested to provide:
Your personal perspectives and recommendations on industry issues and opportunities.
Engagement with your peers on the Council via conference calls, meetings or workshops.
Participation in consensus-based decision making.
A minimum one (1) year commitment to support Council development and activities.
An average of two (2) to four (4) hours monthly on a voluntary basis.
Key Energy Advisor Sector Contacts
Please feel free to contact us for more information and/or to add your name to our Energy Advisor Industry Sector Council team.