The BC Employer Training Grant program (ETG) supports skills training to address provincial labour market needs. The program is delivered by the Province of British Columbia and is funded by the Government of Canada through the Workforce Development Agreement (WDA).
How it works:
- The ETG is a cost-shared program. Reimbursement amounts vary between 60% and 100% depending on the training stream.
- Training must result in a better job at the applicant’s company once training is completed.
- Employers must submit their application on their own behalf, using their Business BCeID. Third parties cannot apply on an employer’s behalf.
- If approved, employers are to pay for all costs in full and, after training has started, submit a reimbursement claim.
- Participants are not to pay for training or any training-related expenses. Receipts must verify this information.
- Employers are eligible to receive up to $300,000 per fiscal year (April 1 – March 31).
Learn more about the program on the WorkBC website.