Utility & Government
HPSC believes industry input is critical to developing effective long-term policies and programs that support home performance. Through our Industry Sector Councils, we facilitate industry engagement and development in the areas of advocacy, market growth, capacity building and quality workmanship.
Utility & Government Sector Council Overview
The Utility and Government (U&G) Sector Council includes BC Hydro and FortisBC, and the BC Ministry of Energy, Mines, and Petroleum Resources. This Sector Council will work with the other industry sector councils to help develop the BC home performance industry.
Current Council Participants
- BC Hydro
- FortisBC Energy Inc (Natural Gas)
- FortisBC Inc (Electric)
- BC Ministry of Energy, Mines, and Petroleum Resources
- City of Vancouver
- City of Victoria
The mandate of the Utility & Government Sector Council is to:
- Help to develop a larger, high quality, well respected, self- sustaining home performance industry.
- Provide input into the industry Visions and Roadmaps, including those developed by other HPSC industry sector councils.
- Work with the HPSC to develop initiatives that would support the growth of the home performance industry.
- Provide support for the development of the HPSC and other industry initiatives working in collaboration with HPSC to enhance communication with utilities and government.
Requirements for Participating
Participants of the Utility & Government Sector Council will be requested to provide:
Their organization’s perspectives and recommendations on industry issues and opportunities.
Participation in consensus-based decision making.
Engagement with their peers on the Council via conference calls, meetings, and workshops.
Our next steps for the Utility & Government Sector Council in 2018 are:
Facilitate the development of the Utility & Governemnt Sector Council
- Identify potential representatives from BC cities, municipalities, and regional districts who may be interested in helping to develop the home performance industry in order to meet their goals around sustainability and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
Contribute utility and government input into documents that include:
- HPSC workplan and priorities for industry initiatives
Engage the home performance industry through:
- Industry Vision & Roadmap
- Proactive, two-way communications and workshops.
Key HPSC Utility & Government Sector Contact
Please feel free to contact us for more information.