HPSC believes industry input is critical to developing effective long-term policies and programs that support home performance. Through our Industry Sector Councils, we facilitate industry engagement and development in the areas of advocacy, market growth, capacity building and quality workmanship.
HVAC Industry Sector Council Overview
The HVAC Sector Council includes contractors, trade associations and industry experts/advisors. This Sector Council will work with the other industry sector councils to help develop the BC home performance industry.
Current Council Members
- Gandy Installations
- Backus Mechanical
- North Shore Plumbing & Heating
- Midtown Heating & Cooling
- Ark At Home
- Nickel Heating
- Superior Gas Install & Servicing
The mandate of the HVAC Sector Council is to:
- Guide us in helping to develop a more professional, profitable and long-term sustainable industry.
- Provide input into HVAC Industry Vision and Roadmap.
- Help determine initiatives that would best support the HVAC industry.
- Represent the HVAC industry within the HPSC and BC home performance industry.
Benefits of Participation
The benefits of participating in the HVAC Sector Council include the opportunity to:
- Network and collaborate with your industry-leading peers.
- Strengthen our BC Home Performance Stakeholder Council as an industry voice.
- Shape a vision and road map to advance your interests.
- Help policies and programs to remove barriers and support growth of the HVAC industry.
- Contribute to increasing the business opportunities for you and your industry.
Requirements for Participating
As a member of the HVAC Sector Council you would be requested to provide:
Your personal perspectives and recommendations on industry issues and opportunities.
Engagement with your peers on the Council via conference calls, meetings or workshops.
Participation in consensus-based decision making.
A minimum one (1) year commitment to support Council development and activities.
An average of two (2) to four (4) hours monthly on a voluntary basis.
Our next steps for the HVAC Sector Council in 2018 are:
Facilitate the development of the HVAC Sector Council
- Grow to approximately 20 industry representatives to join the Council
- Representing contractors, suppliers and organizations from all regions of British Columbia
Gather further HVAC industry input into planning documents that include:
- Business Case for Home Performance
- HPSC workplan and priorities for our HVAC industry initiatives
Engage the HVAC industry through:
- Building the network of HVAC industry participants within the HPSC.
- Inform via regular newsletters and website updates.
- HVAC Industry Landscape
- Industry Vision & Roadmap
- Engage through proactive, two-way communications and workshops.
Key HVAC Sector Contacts
Please feel free to contact us for more information and/or to add your name to our HVAC Industry Sector Council team.